Post by The Thorn » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:43 pm

Let's give some attention and shine to the ladies please

Discuss matches in here
WDF4LIFE

If you want to shine like the sun, first you have to burn like it

The Thorn

Re: 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup Thread

Post by The Thorn » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:44 pm

New Zealand beat Norway 1-0 in the opening game which could already be considered a shock
WDF4LIFE

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:45 pm

Nope

shenmue

Post by shenmue » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:54 pm

Utter garbage

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:56 pm

I won't be able to watch much of it because of the stupid time zones

However as a champion of ladies sport I think this is important and everyone should throw their support behind the ladies
WDF4LIFE

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:00 pm

The Thorn wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:56 pm I won't be able to watch much of it because of the stupid time zones

However as a champion of ladies sport I think this is important and everyone should throw their support behind the ladies
Why is it important?

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:02 pm

Randall wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:00 pm
The Thorn wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:56 pm I won't be able to watch much of it because of the stupid time zones

Why is it important?
Women are disadvantaged in some walks of life including sports. It's nice to show them some support.

My perspective is mainly from darts where I do think women getting better is very healthy for the game.
WDF4LIFE

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:05 pm

The Thorn wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:02 pm

Why is it important?
Women are disadvantaged in some walks of life including sports. It's nice to show them some support.

My perspective is mainly from darts where I do think women getting better is very healthy for the game.
But you support men in women's events?

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:08 pm

Randall wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:05 pm

Why is it important?

If you are specifically referring to darts, trans women playing darts who are have been transitioning for years and comply with every rule the WDF and PDC put in place for trans athletes.

That's the line where I can accept it. Darts is hugely different from other, more physical sports.
WDF4LIFE

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:11 pm

The Thorn wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:08 pm

Why is it important?

If you are specifically referring to darts, trans women playing darts who are have been transitioning for years and comply with every rule the WDF and PDC put in place for trans athletes.

That's the line where I can accept it. Darts is hugely different from other, more physical sports.
Biological males raking places and opportunities from Biological females in any sphere is unacceptable

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:17 pm

Randall wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:11 pm

Why is it important?

Biological males raking places and opportunities from Biological females in any sphere is unacceptable
The impact of 1 or 2 trans women out of the top 100 players is minimal. Compared to the benefit of these people feeling accepted. Not sure if you read any interviews with Noa-Lynn. This is a person who was bullied, severely depressed and considered taking their own life. The impact of someone like her getting this chance could have saved her life. It's people's wellbeing at stake which I rate more than the integrity of a darts competition.

Also there were actual studies done on this which showed the biological advantage she is getting compared to her biological female competitors is pretty much non existent. She is one random competitor out of many, she just happens to be pretty good at it.
WDF4LIFE

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:19 pm

The Thorn wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:17 pm

The impact of 1 or 2 trans women out of the top 100 players is minimal. Compared to the benefit of these people feeling accepted. Not sure if you read any interviews with Noa-Lynn. This is a person who was bullied, severely depressed and considered taking their own life. The impact of someone like her getting this chance could have saved her life. It's people's wellbeing at stake which I rate more than the integrity of a darts competition.

Also there were actual studies done on this which showed the biological advantage she is getting compared to her biological female competitors is pretty much non existent. She is one random competitor out of many, she just happens to be pretty good at it.
How minimal is it to Lorraine Winstanley this weekend?

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:59 pm

Randall wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:19 pm

There is always going to be someone that misses out. I accept trans women competing therefore I accept the possibility they might achieve something.

Lorraine had a whole year to qualify, she didn't miss out because Noa-Lynn was there, she missed out because she didn't do enough over the course of like 20 events
WDF4LIFE

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:01 pm

The Thorn wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:59 pm

There is always going to be someone that misses out. I accept trans women competing therefore I accept the possibility they might achieve something.

Lorraine had a whole year to qualify, she didn't miss out because Noa-Lynn was there, she missed out because she didn't do enough over the course of like 20 events

No she missed out because the man in the field finished above her

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:05 pm

Randall wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:01 pm

That's not true. If you remove Noa-Lynn from the equation you can't just assume that every other factor stays the same.

In any darts event I don't have a lot of sympathy for players who just missed out, no matter what's the reason. If top 8 qualifies and you are good enough, you will take 6th or 7th and then there are no questions.
WDF4LIFE

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:11 pm

The Thorn wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:05 pm
Randall wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:01 pm

That's not true. If you remove Noa-Lynn from the equation you can't just assume that every other factor stays the same.

In any darts event I don't have a lot of sympathy for players who just missed out, no matter what's the reason. If top 8 qualifies and you are good enough, you will take 6th or 7th and then there are no questions.
It's absolutely true

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:24 pm

Well, we are not going to agree. I can only repeat what I previously said. To me people's wellbeing and acceptance comes before a place in a stupid darts event
WDF4LIFE

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:26 pm

The Thorn wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:24 pm Well, we are not going to agree. I can only repeat what I previously said. To me people's wellbeing and acceptance comes before a place in a stupid darts event
But not the wellbeing of ladies deprived of their rightful place by men

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:29 pm

Randall wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:26 pm
The Thorn wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:24 pm Well, we are not going to agree. I can only repeat what I previously said. To me people's wellbeing and acceptance comes before a place in a stupid darts event
The ordeals trans women go through are not at all comparable to someone feeling disappointed over missing out on a darts event
WDF4LIFE

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:31 pm

The Thorn wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:29 pm
Randall wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:26 pm
The ordeals trans women go through are not at all comparable to someone feeling disappointed over missing out on a darts event
So you don't support women's sport at all